Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2versions of Robin Hood's movies(1991 and 2010)



for the info,click on the title Robin Hood:Prince of thieves(1991) and Robin Hood(2010)

Well, after just yesterday i watched the newest version played by Russell Crowe, I must say I like it better although for the story was driven far from the original legend. But i just felt somehow bothered by the appearance of him that looked so similar with the gladiator's character he played before. I wish there was something different in him for this movie, i guessed i hoped too far. It seemed like nothing new offered by the Director,I just can't help comparing it with gladiator's movie.why? the tragic story, the zero become the national hero,the envious king and the love story. For me,personally this epic story rather quite predictable given by the way the director arranged the plot from the beginning til the end. So,the conclusion is I still love it although there are too many unknown characters that I couldn't memorize but only Robin, Marian, King John and that's it. Oh and also the man who betrayed the king,the same man who played as the main villain in Sherlock Holmes, I forgot the name of his character. Just simply enjoy it and nothing else.

As for the version played by Kevin Costner earlier, the story is rather too typical and shallow if i compare it with the newest version. this version was more to just a fairytale story of prince charming and the princess with the evil witch and the son who tried to come between them. Sweet, yes, predictable yes, a happy ending. Although the originality of the story was closer to the legend told in the history book. mind about the accent,mind about the clothes and so on, although this movie was highly criticized over the performance,the story and such,but it was huge success in the box office with the famous song from Bryan Adams.

So i like both but i like the newest version better since its deeper and better. Recommended to watch.:D:D and before I forgot there was an old movie played by Sean Connery about Robin Hood's death that similar to Romeo and Juliet.click here for the info. I just love Marian's words for him :
I love you. More than all you know. I love you more than children. More than fields I've planted with my hands. I love you more than morning prayers or peace or food to eat. I love you more than sunlight, more than flesh or joy, or one more day. I love you...more than God.

No comments: