Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Heirs, Man from another stars and Prime Minister and I

I've watched these three drama almost in a row for last few days.
The first one was the Heirs.Out of curiosity due to overwhelming reactions from drama fans and news on the net, I want to know what it was all about by watching the drama. Unfortunately I have to say that I wasn't that all pleased after finishing all the episodes. The drama has many flaws and reminded me too much of Hana Yori Dango or BBF in Korean version.
If I have to make a list of it, it will be: 1) Storyline and climax which were too stereotyped and predictable.Actually it was quite promising in the beginning but gotten so boring through the end. While basically, it can be explored in deeper and bitter plot. 2) Acting and expressions of Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang were disappointing with lack of chemistry. 3) No inspiring aspects for the audiences, but only a parade of wealthy living style and miserable life of being poor. 4) Portraying reality less than it should be. Finally, I give only 6 out of 10 for the rating or recommendation to watch list.
 
The 2nd one is Man from another stars/ You who came from the stars.This one was created and wrapped in a better way to entertain me as the audience. I personally like almost all aspects that stored in this drama. The storyline was quite good, the acting was good and especially the special effects used in it. I like Do Min Joon and Cheon Song Yi characters which well-played by both actors.Although it was not as amazing as Moon Embrace the Sun or Shining Inheritance.I give 8 out of 10 for this one, and quite recommended to watch.

The last one is The Prime Minister and I. I just finished watching it this morning at 1AM. I thought it will be something heavy and deep like Karei Naru Ichizoku or Change! -both are Japanese dorama played by Takuya Kimura (the drama also portrayed what I think of the Heirs would be) but sadly it was not. It was merely another drama comedy without something too heavy and bitter to think about. It also shared similarity with the heirs which can not decide whether it would be purely comical, humor-comedy, political based or pure family drama. Lack of chemistry, full awkwardness, and looking-good-on camera expressions instead of good acting. I need to be more selective next time when it comes to spare some times for watching drama again.I give like 6 out of 10 for this.The only thing I like about it is the marriage contract which remind me of Full House or Sassy Girl Choon Hyang.

I don't know why, but for me personally, Korean drama these days is similar one another. I hardly find something I love and very memorable like the old days were.

No comments: